Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Play Is Over


A little background...

Several month ago I watched my son perform in his school play. They do Shakespeare every year and it's amazing to see these Jr. High School kids do Shakespeare. It's not professional, nor is it "polished" but it's amazing, none the less.

Since my wife has connections with the school, I asked if they would let me direct the next year's production. "Of course!" came the excited reply. And I signed up and we put on the play. Tonight we finished our run and I am tired.

We put on "Twelfth Night" set in Texas with minimal props and scenery. Based on even last night's rehearsal, it's a small (or not so small...) miracle that the shows--one matinee and one evening show--went so incredibly well. The kids were wonderful and did such a terrific job. I'm so proud of them.

I'd write more, but I'm very tired. I hope your Saturday was a gift. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment