Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Finally Visited The Bird Refuge...


 Finally...

It only took about eighteen months for me to visit the closest natural wonder to our home. Last Saturday our family loaded up the van and drove about twenty miles south to the Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge.

It was amazing.

I grew up a few miles from another bird refuge. We used to ride our bikes there every once in a while. I remember the rides, don't remember too much of the birds. Now, the same area is famous for bald eagles. I can't remember the last time I went to the lands south of Farmington.

I took my good camera last Saturday--I wanted to get some amazing photos. We saw so many birds...even the (according to the guide at the Wildlife Education Center...) the refuge's only remaining swan. I saw many many photographers as we drove the dirt road with photo equipment that cost more than our van.

 

Later, when I got home, I was anxious to see how the pictures turned out. Some were okay, and others were flat-out bad, especially the majestic blue heron--that bird deserved better. Since I'm not a professional photographer, taking a bad picture is not too offensive. I can live with that. Still...

I think I need to return, maybe make a morning or afternoon of it. Now that I know more about the place, I should be better prepared, maybe I'll even park the car (in designated places, only...), get out, and try and do a better job capturing the incredible beauty that lives in its protected land.

If that happens, I'll be sure to let you know, and I'll have the pictures to prove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment