Friday, May 20, 2022

So, How Much Firewood Can You Shove In The Back Of A Subaru Forester...?


 It's a valid question, and a question I had never before considered. In fact, I most likely would have never thought about that question unless my wife contacted a person a few miles away selling some firewood. We drove over, checked out the product, then completed the transaction.

Then, the loading began.

And continued...

And continued.

Finally, when the last scrap of firewood was placed inside the car, we closed the doors.

I drove home as fast as I could while at the same time obeying all traffic laws. I pulled up to the house, backed in the Subaru, jumped out, ran inside the house and called to my daughter and her boyfriend to come outside--I had a chore for them to do. The reason I drove home so quickly and enlisted help unloading wasn't because of the firewood, per se...

But, because of all the little creepy crawly things that had made the firewood their home.

That firewood had been sitting outside in the same place for years. I shuddered at the thought of all those bugs and spiders now searching for a new home in my car. My helpers and I unloaded the wood quickly and as soon as we were done, I puled the car into the garage and vacuumed it out as thoroughly as possible. I hope I got them all...pretty sure I didn't, but I got rid of most.

If you were to have asked me last week or last month how much firewood could fit in the back of a Subaru Forester, I would have had no idea, but today, I know that answer, and the answer is...

About that much.


No comments:

Post a Comment