Monday, April 15, 2024

Beautiful...But It's A Pain, Too


 Even though it's raining outside and we're lacking for trees, if I stepped away from the house right now, I can see definite beauty...so much beauty. Spring is here and things are busting out all over, namely flowers and tree blossoms. Of course, if I step outside my house right now, I might not be able to see much.

It's those darn allergies.

Like many, I have seasonal allergies, so much so, I'm glad I work from home. 

All my life I've dealt with allergies. I have them worse than some, not as bad as others. Everyone with allergies deals with them differently. Me? I sit at home being unable to see well until my body either adapts to the things affecting me, or the things affecting me disappear.I

t's that time of the year.

The fact that the pollen and other things hit me so hard is bad, but it's also a bummer that I don't look forward to spring. So many people--I'll bet a majority--if asked would say spring is their favorite season of the year. It makes sense--spring is incredible. The snows have melted, you can go outside without a coat or jacket, you can do things you couldn't do when the world is covered in white.

In a few days, my eyes won't itch and burn and things will improve. Allergies will pop up over time for the next couple of months, but it'll be nothing like what I'm going through now. Another wave will hit in the fall, but it's mild by comparison. 

Yes, it's beautiful outside, but it's also a pain, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment