Monday, July 29, 2024

Boys Buying Cars...And Trucks


 For the past couple of months our family has been in search of used vehicles. My youngest son wanted a truck--he's looking for a job in construction. My other son...he needed a car, even though he'd like a truck. I took the boys on many trips to check out both cars and trucks.

These photos show two vehicles that they did not buy.

Of the two, the Pontiac was the better vehicle.

Up until recently, our family was not a "car-buying" family. I bought Donk, the Subaru in 2020. Before that, we bought our minivan and our Vibe around 2010. We've been lucky with those cars. They've been great for us--especially, the van.

Then, the kids grew up and needed cars. The last two carless children finally needed transportation. I went on many a trip to check out cars and trucks in various state of decomposition. My son wanted a 4x4 truck. The red one was not. We didn't do know that before we headed out. Had we known it, we would not have driven south to check it out.

The Pontiac was a good car, a good, solid car. The miles were relatively low and the price was right. Still...we thought we'd check out another car and we ended up getting it.

There's some excitement in car shopping. Are we getting a deal? Are we buying a lemon? All unknowns solved only by time. 

I hope they got some good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment