Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Well...I Guess These Lights Are Technically In The North


 Did a little X surfing (X, as in, the social network...) last night. I came across a post about the possibility--though slim--of seeing the northern lights from were we live. 

Turns out I didn't get any good shots.

Turns out I didn't care as much.

Don't get me wrong. I'd love to have a repeat of what happened when the Northern Lights showed up earlier this year. It was amazing. I wasn't sure if last night's potential viewing would turn into anything, so like last time, I took my Nikon outside at night and aimed it northward. Unlike last time I did not get a tripod to steady the shot (that's obvious...). I used a monopod and hoped I could hold it steady enough to get a decent shot. It didn't work. Plus, not even a hint of the Northern Lights.

If I recall, the post on X said the best time to see the lights last night--if there were any to see--was at 3am. There's no way I was going to wake up at 3am for the chance to maybe see something.

Had we not the light show a few months ago, I might have considered getting up and taking out the Nikon with the tripod to see if I could catch something. Before that I hadn't seen the Northern Lights and really wanted to see them.

I acknowledge, the Northern Lights show a few months ago in northern Utah wasn't "the greatest," but it was good enough for me.

Good enough to keep me in bed this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment