Friday, July 26, 2024

I Used To Read So Much More - What Happened...?


 I picked up a new book recently and started to read it. I've heard good things...Stephen King's son. I've read the first few chapters...so far, I like it. Back in the day, I used to go through books on a regular basis. I was averaging two or three books a month.

They were mostly audiobooks, but still--I count them.

Then, something changed. I stopped reading, and I miss it.

The last book I read was Jared Nathan Garrett's The Seer. I'm embarrassed to say it took me much longer than it should have for me to read a 50k-ish word count book. I soldiered on, I did not stop and after months, the story became a part of me.

The Joe Hill book sits next to me as I write this. I can see it sitting there, no charging cables attached. Funny, physical books never run out of battery power. The question is, when will I pick it up and finish a few more chapters? When will I answer the call?

Maybe Sunday.

This isn't the first time I've asked myself this question. I've thought about it many times. And I think I know the main reason why I've stopped reading book. No, I know the main reason I stopped reading books.

Podcasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment