Friday, June 30, 2023

Five Years...Half A Decade And Our Lives Have Never Been The Same Since


 Another memory popped up on my social media feed this morning. I find them amusing, sometimes surprising. This morning, the memory melted my heart.

Five years ago today, my son and I drove to Sandy, Utah and picked up a puppy, a rescued poodle puppy that was available for adoption. He was so little, and with most puppies, we fell in love with him immediately. This was to be my son's dog. He found the puppy online and we arranged to meet the handler at the PetSmart a few miles south of us.

My son fell in love instantly. I made a call to my wife because the puppy was a little more than we expected, cost-wise. We discussed it and agreed it was worth the cost. I went back to the handler and said we wanted to get him. She said there were several people waiting for us to make a decision because if we passed, they'd take him.

It was one of the best decisions we've made.

It's not our dog's birthday, but it's a day of celebration for our family. Since we brought the puppy home, he's grown, both in size and in intelligence. Today, he's as much a part of our family as anyone. He entertains us, he tests us, he comforts us, he annoys us, and most of all, he loves us...

And we love him.

It's been five years. Here's to hopefully many many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment