Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Remembering Tara...


 My niece found some pictures she took at a mini-family reunion that took place years ago. Funny, how at the time, you don't realize al the memories that will return by just seeing a photo of the event. My niece sent over several pictures, but one in particular, hit home.

It was a photo of my sister and my daughter.

Next week my daughter is getting married.

And there are no new pictures of my sister.

When someone close passes away, sibling, parent, child, the shock acts as a buffer. You concentrate on immediate needs, funerals, financial issues, buying a casket...stuff like that. You don't think about never being able to talk to them again, give them a hug at a family dinner, or receiving a text from out of the blue. No, you don't think about stuff like that until later.

Until you see a picture of your sister who passed away almost a year and a half ago and you realize just how much you miss her.

That's the power of a photograph. 

That's the power of memories...

Because sometimes, that's all you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment