Saturday, June 8, 2024

Experiencing Yard Sale Nirvana...


 This morning, we experienced yard sale nirvana. And most of the town participated.

Over the years, going to yard sales has become a family affair. It's become tradition for us to get in the car on weekend mornings and see what treasures are out there. Since we live in a small town, you can usually hit all the sales on any given spring/summer weekend.

Today, however, it was amazing.

In the above picture, each red marker represents an individual sale this morning in the town of Fielding. There's even more that I didn't include in the picture. After a flat tire incident, my wife and I set out for an even smaller town close to the Utah/Idaho border. 

There were so many places to stop and so many things to see, my wife and I got tired...there was almost too many sales. We started excited, but after stopping at so many, we decided to call it. There were many we didn't visit.

As far as things we bought, it wasn't much. We've made a decision to not buy as much stuff as we once did. Our house is filling up with things we bought at yard sales. We did find some Halloween decor, a US flag and pole, and had they a pair of bowling shoes that fit me, I definitely would have picked me up those.

We asked around. Apparently, this was Year 2 of the town's yard sale spectacular.

Can't wait for Year 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment