Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Maybe Too Much Soccer...


 Last year we cut the cord, the cable cord. For the most part, it's been fine. Life goes on and in many ways, we are better off for it. Then came soccer season. And not just any soccer season...international play. Right now, there are two major tournaments going on, The European Cup across the pond, and the America Cup on this side of the pond.

The best players in the world playing for national pride.

I know not everyone is a soccer fan, but I am, especially when national teams play.

The problem? We cut the cord and these games are only available on cable. I did a little research to see if I could go to different channels in different countries and watch a game or two. Looks like those in charge were thinking people would do this. The result: no access.

I did see a Spanish cable channel that was broadcasting both tournaments...Vix. After a little more research, I found out my phone carrier offers that channel free for one year. Nice. I signed up and I'm able to get all the soccer I can watch. 

Can there be too much soccer?

The only downside (other than perhaps too much soccer...) is all broadcasts are in Spanish. I don't mind watching the games on mute, but I found the toughest thing about signing up is...well, signing up. I had no idea what "Forgot Your Password?" is in Spanish. Now that I'm all signed in, things are better.

For some, any soccer is too much. For others, even live games broadcast 24-hours a day would not be enough.

Me? I'm somewhere in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment