Monday, June 10, 2024

Grilling In A Storm...


 It's timing, I guess.

We had family up this weekend so we decided to grill some steaks. It's June, proper grilling time. As Saturday ticked on and the dinner hour approached, another thing approached...a storm. We found a weather app a few months ago that tracks our area and we saw colorful radar screens roll toward our little town.

E.T.A. for the storm to hit: 6pm.

I dug out the grill, prepped the charcoal, lit the fire and hoped we could get the steaks grilled before the deluge arrived. After a few minutes, I put the coals inside and waited for them all to turn red. Once they were hot enough, I put the meat on the grill and waited again.

All the while, the wind kept building and building. Thankfully, I was able to close the cover over the food. And since they were steaks, they didn't have to be cooked all the way through.

As the food cooked, I snapped a picture at the incredible clouds to the north, clouds that represented the colorful radar pictures on the app. 

In the end, we had dinner, ate delicious food, as the storm that was supposed to hit and ruin our evening meal passed to the north and didn't hit us at all.

It's timing, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment