Saturday, January 19, 2019

A Few Photographs...Ten Year's Old


I guess the latest social media rage is finding a picture a decade old and posted next to a picture of yourself in the present day. And I fell for the immense pressure of the latest fad and posted a couple of pictures.

Thanks to the miracle that is Facebook, it time stamps every photo you've that's ever been posted on their site. While I was looking back at the pictures I noticed they were posted exactly ten years ago today, January 19th, 2009. In fact, the picture of my son and I was the first picture I ever posted to Facebook.


Back then, my son--who was four at the time--liked to sit with me and fool around with the Photo Booth feature on my MacBook Pro. We did that for years. And because everything can be saved and memory is so cheap, I've kept all those pictures my son and I took over the years.


Speaking of pictures, another picture that was date-stamped 1/19/09 on Facebook was a photo of my family the day we all took the Frontrunner for the first time. I believe it was the last family photo we've had taken, and it was not shot by a professional photographer, but a stranger to whom we handed a camera and asked them to take a picture of us all together.

I've taken tens of thousands of photographs since 2009. I wonder if I'll ever go back and look at them all. Maybe one day, but probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment