Monday, January 21, 2019

"Put Your Shoulder To The Wheel"...Comes Out Tomorrow!


Last year, a brain trust got together and thought up an idea for an anthology, a collection of stories highlighting an untapped literary genre of unlimited potential. And thus, the Mormon Steampunk Anthology was created.

A call for submissions were sent out and the stories came rolling in, so much so, an envisioned "one book" became three. Tomorrow, Book #2 comes out, Immortal Work's Put Your Shoulder the the Wheel.

I can't wait!

If you're interested in this particular collection, here's the book's lineup:

Goat in the Machine Scott William Taylor
A Reckoning in the Night Angie Taylor
Rachel’s Prayer Megan Rupp
Sisters Sorenson and the Mechanical Man Scott E. Tarbet
The Shop of the Clockwork Master Finlay Lofthouse
Blackhand Christopher Baxter
An Incident at Oak Creek Bryce Moore
The Miracle of the Gulls D. J. Moore
Solids Don’t Evaporate Mindie Erb
Many Hands Heidi Wessman Kneale
By Ailad’s Bootstraps Kurt F. Kammeyer
Painted Ghosts Kim May
Dame Ginny McLaserbeam and the             
Dastardly Duke                                               Judith and Michael Collings

I knew I was in this particular collection, but I didn't realize my story was the first. There's a lot of pressure being the first story--the first impression someone gets when they pick up the book and scan the first lines of the opening story.

Being a part of an artistic project is an amazing thing. Today Put Your Shoulder to the Wheel doesn't exist--tomorrow it does. Being human means creating. There's a drive within us, a need to make something, write something, bring into existence something that didn't exist before. I know it's just a little story in another book, but for me, it's an honor to have my name included with others, all trying to create something good. 

A special thanks goes out to John M. Olsen, Dave Butler, James Wymore, and Jason King at Immortal Works (and anyone else I'm forgetting...) for including my tale. I hope you get the book, and if you do, I hope you like my story about a man, an airship, and a precocious goat.

No comments:

Post a Comment