Tuesday, January 1, 2019

How To Beat Your Kids At The Wheel Of Fortune Game Board Game...


Yesterday, my wife took the kids to our local thrift store. They picked up some clothes, an old TV, and my youngest bought a board game. He loves board games. In fact, he loves games on TV, too. Lately, we've been watching Wheel of Fortune together. As far as entertainment goes, it's pretty safe.

After dinner and before the ball dropped, we got together and broke out several games. My youngest was so excited to see how the cardboard Wheel of Fortune version stacked up against the glitz and glitter show that's been on for decades. Turns out, there's some similarities, but some things have definitely changed.

I was writing last night's blog post so I wasn't at the table as the family began game night, but when I did join them, my wife had a big smile on her face. Turns out, the Wheel of Fortune Version 3 that they picked up at the thrift store was produced in the 1980s. It just so happens that my wife (and I...) grew up in the 1980s. It seems when they produced Version 3, they used phrases and people known and familiar at the time, like Terry Bradshaw, dancing cheek to cheek, the Oakridge Boys, on the verge of tears--you know, stuff like that. Things your typical teenager might not know.


My wife was cleaning house! 

I know kids believe their parents are out of touch--it's a generational thing. We believed it of our parents, our kids think that way of us, and their kids will think that way of them. But, if you go buy a trivia/hangman game produced when your parents came of age, get ready to get schooled when you play the game with them. They'll beat you every time. 

But I can say, I was the only one who knew Lee Remick.


No comments:

Post a Comment