Thursday, January 17, 2019

The Writing Group...Writes Again!


I admit, I have not been the best writing group member for the past year. In fact, I haven't been the best writing member for several years. Part of the reason is because I have been involved in several theater productions--I'm averaging between 1 - 2 shows a year. And since a show usually lasts three months, I end up missing sometimes almost half a year of writing group meetings.

Last week, we all gathered and resumed the tradition.

Of course, the rest of the group has been continuing the tradition all along. They're swapping stories, giving suggestions in kind, yet helpful ways, and enjoying each other's company. I was not there. Attending brought back some good memories. The only thing I didn't do was provide pages to be critiqued. I know, I know, it's something I need to do.

I don't know about your writing groups, but I doubt you have a mascot. We've got one--Lucy the dog. She's wonderful. She'll come and go, obviously enjoying some stories more than others. She'll take refuge under a desk, or at the feet of a participant. She's always entertaining, always unpredictable.

It's good to be back.My goal going forward--have material on which to be judged...by human and dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment