Sunday, February 21, 2021

Trying Out The Face Shield...


 Friday night, I had the opportunity to return to the stage. It was a small play, but due to the theater restrictions, everyone in the room needed to wear a mask. I've seen people wearing alternatives to the traditional face masks and since I had lines to deliver, I thought I'd try one of those alternatives...

A Face Shield.

I put off finding one until the day of the show. In the afternoon we did some searching online. I could order face shields from almost every place we checked, but very few had them in stock and the ones they did have were big and bulky and expensive.

Still, I thought I'd see what they had. Before the show I made a Costco run. Next door to that particular Costco is a Lowe's. Lowe's was one of the places that had the big bulky expensive face shields in stock. I went to Costco, picked up the things I needed. While I was there, a fellow shopper strolled wearing a face shield, a non-big, non-bulky one I wanted.

Usually, I don't chat with random shoppers in Costco or in other stores. But, since time was getting short I decided to break with tradition. I asked her where she got her face shield and she said at that very Costco...

Score!

Because there were multiple masks in the box, those in the case without face shields used the ones I bought. We were all the same. I don't know if it made for a better show, or if it didn't make much of a difference. I know the audience could see our faces--hopefully, that added to the experience.

I don't know if I will be wearing the new shield much. I tried it out when we went shopping at our local grocery store the next day. I did get a few weird looks, but it did not fog up, which right there, is a big plus.

Of course, I'd prefer to throw all masks and shields right in the trash. I hope that day comes sooner and later.

No comments:

Post a Comment