Sunday, February 25, 2024

Give Thanks...Tuckered Out


 This afternoon, I woke up from a nap, a nap well-deserved after having family over. I glanced over at Bec the dog and this is what I saw...

A dog, tuckered out.

Boy, I understood how he felt.

For the first time in several weeks, we had the family over, son, daughter-in-law, daughter, son-in-law, boys, mother-in-law, and grandson. Our house grows smaller with each person who walks in door, but at the same time, it expands as each personality adds to the fabric of family.

As the door closes on the final visitor, the house once again resumes to a sense of normalcy. It becomes larger, quieter, but sadder as well. Such is life...we can only appreciate the good when faced with the bad, the companionship when it's gone.

I am a blessed man...of that there is no doubt. I'm thankful for the time with family, thankful that we all live (relatively...) close and that we're able to gather, break bread, and share/create memories.

Yes, when I look at the dog, tired and resting, I know how he feels for I feel the same...

And it's so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment