Saturday, February 3, 2024

Getting Older...

Big deal...so I got my days mixed up. It happens. Actually, I thought it was funny. It happened during my second-to-last working day of the week. On the last work day of the week we gather all the trash in the house and take it outside. We then take the cans to the street for them to be picked up the following morning. I thought it was the wrong day so I got the cans ready a day early.

No big deal.

Humans made decisions based on bad data all the time. 

I am getting older, as is everyone who survives another day. I'm getting to the age where these lapses of judgements might mean something else, might be a signal to something else...something bad I suppose that could be said for me. Heck...it can be said for anyone. Does the fact that I got my days switched in my mind mean there's a larger problem out there? 

Anything's possible.

I'm not too worried. Even if it is the start of something, that's life. We all have a sack full of troubles and solutions. For some the trouble sack seems huge, for others, not so much. But we all have our troubles. It's how we handle them and deal with them that matters.

I snapped a picture of the garbage cans after I realized what I had done. I even posted the picture on social media. If we can't laugh at ourselves, then who can we laugh at?

I'm obviously no doctor, but I've heard that if you realize you've made an error in judgement, that's actually a good sign. It means you understand what's happening and you're not too far gone. I hope that's true. Then again, maybe I've been mixing things up for a while and I caught it this time.

Like I said, I'm not too worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment