Thursday, February 29, 2024

Since It's Leap Year Day, I Must Blog About Bob's Vertical Challenge...It's Tradition

I don't know what it is about February 29th, but for the past three Leap Year Days I've blogged about an annual event from the last decade...

Bob's Vertical Challenge.

If you were fortunate enough to participate in non-profit events, they were a blast. Basically, teams of four skiers/snowboarders competed to see who could ski/snowboard the most vertical feet in a limited amount of time. The event was held at Snow Basin Ski Resort and proceeds went to benefit the Boy Scouts of America, Trapper Trails Council. Eventually, the event went the way of all the earth, but it was a lot of fun while it lasted.

I've blogged daily since 2011. On Leap Year Day 2012 I blogged about the Vertical Challenge. I completely forgot that I blogged about the event, so on Leap Year Day, 2016, I used the same photo from exactly four years earlier and blogged about the event again.

I did not realize this error until exactly four years later. On February 29, 2020, I decided to look at my blogging history to see what I blogged about on Leap year Day in 2012 and 2016. Turns out, it was the same thing. So, on 2/29/20 I blogged about the two previous Leap Year Day blog posts.

This leaves me no option as to this year's Leap Year Day blog post topic...

Gotta go with Bob's Vertical Challenge!

It was such an amazing event. Most took the day to be free from work and enjoy time on the slopes, but other teams really went for it. The amount of vertical feet skied/snowboarded by some of those teams was staggering. It raised a lot of money over the years for a good cause.

Happy Leap Year Day/Bob's Vertical Challenge Memorial Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment