Saturday, February 17, 2024

Logan's Grandpa's Bookshelf...With A History Straight Out Of A Novel


Yesterday, my wife and I checked out some of the local shops in downtown Logan, Utah. The one store we wanted to visit was closed. Bummer. I had some trash to throw away, so I ventured up the street to the nearest garbage can. It was there I spotted a small business that was open...

A bookstore.

Score!

It's called Grandpa's Bookshelf, and it's adorable.

The entire shop is long and narrow, not much wider than an RV. It's broken up into individual rooms, each room containing its own genre of books. I'll bet the history of that particular building is fascinating. We met Grandpa of Grandpa's Bookshelf, a nice man who quietly went about the tasks of running a quaint small business. 

And the place was crowded, too. Granted, it didn't take much to crowd the space, but people kept coming in. It also answers the eternal question, how many books can you cram into a small space? The answer...

Quite a few.

While we were there, we struck up a conversation with Grandpa and he said he took over the store after he retired. Today I decided to do a little research on the store, so I did an internet search. I found a story from 2022 in the Salt Lake Tribune. It's amazing. I highly recommend you read it. You can find the link by clicking: HERE.

The story behind the store is more interesting than many found in the pages of the books on the shelves. If you're in Logan and you've got some time on your hands, check out Grandpa's Bookshelf at 29 West, 100 North. 

It was inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment