Friday, February 16, 2024

Almost $450 Worth Of Exercise Equipment...For Twenty Bucks

What you see are two pieces of exercise equipment I purchased at a thrift store. I got one (the bigger...) one week, and the smaller one a week later.

Grand total for the two: $20.

A quick internet search list the cost as $269 (for the bigger one...), and $179 for the smaller. You could say, I scored two deals. 

When you buy something second-had (or third, fourth, or more...), there's only one item, flaws and all. Take for instance, the Rodeo Core (blue...). It's one of the strangest pieces of exercise equipment I've ever seen. If you don't believe me, do an internet search and watch a video of it in action. I'm sure you'll agree with my assessment. It cost us $15. The reviews say it's quiet, but mine's not. The thing's as creaky as a haunted house. It does work, though, but if anyone else is home, they know I'm using it to work out.

Then, there's the second one (white...). It's called a Desk Cycle. It has two flaws...technically, three. There's an electronic device used to keep track of a person's progress that was not included when we bought it. I didn't think it was that important since I'm not using it to track my progress. That's the first flaw. Then, the unit's missing the rubber boots on the back post. They are important--they keep the Desk Cycle secured in place. That's flaw #2 and #3.

Still, for $5 I'm willing to look past those flaws.

You could say we made off quite well with our two purchases. But, there's no way I would have bought either of these new, and not just because of the costs. We only picked them up because they were so cheap. Yes, they may be great deals...

But, only if I use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment