Friday, February 23, 2024

May I Never Tire Of The Skies...


 I thought where we once lived had the best skies...skies unparalleled by any others in the area. I felt this way for good reason. All a person had to do was look. We lived on the eastern slope of a mountain, to the west was an island surrounded by water (at least, it used to be...), and when the sun set over the island, it because pure magic.

Funny...now one's perspective hides things, hides opinions and truths and facts that are in plain site, but remain unseen, unknown.

Though I loved the views from the side of the hill, I didn't realize how restricted it was. We lived in an area where the mountainside curved and restricted views for much of the hillside and the valley. Add to the fact that decades and centuries old trees grew and diminished what we could see even more.

We moved...

And that made all the difference.

Now, instead of living on the eastern side of a mountain, we live on a northern side of a hill. We're not so elevated as we once were, but the views...oh, the views. Before the view was narrowed, now the sky explodes with clouds and blue from horizon to horizon. It's stunning.

I've taken so many pictures of the sky and the mountain range, they could become old hat, but for so many years, I saw beauty and appreciated it greatly. I'm doing to same now.

I hope I never tire of the skies.

No comments:

Post a Comment