Friday, March 1, 2024

Lots Of Moons Out There...


 Fascinating...

I had an idea for a book. Well, several books, actually. It's in the early stages...just some basics. I have a lot of story ideas like that...a lot. This one, it has promise. That's the problem--I think they all have promise.

Moons.

It was moons that added the "wow" element.

The topic of moons came up this morning when the TV show we were watching talked about how many moons orbit the gas planet Uranus (yes, the jokes write themselves...). I had no idea there were twenty-eight moons associated with that planet. Of course, astronomy is not something I think about often, but I found that nugget of information fascinating.

I did a little research. Still amazed that with a click of a few keystrokes the world's information is available (instead of driving down to the local library and hanging out in the research section...). I found a cool site: HERE. The planet with the most moons is Jupiter. Makes sense...it's the largest planet. Most surprising fact: Pluto has two moons, it being smaller than our own moon. It would be weird to see our moon with two smaller moons orbiting it.

Then again, being on any other planet and seeing all the different moons would would be weird. All those moons. I wonder if humans could land and set up settlements on them, like they're working toward for our moons and Mars. I suppose anything is possible. 

It's the possibilities that make for good fiction, and non-fiction when you think about it. Will this story ever get written? 

That's the biggest unknown of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment