Friday, March 15, 2024

Well Done, Dave...Another Reason To Go To A Bookstore


 My son and I visited a Barnes & Noble today. I think I speak for many when I say I didn't appreciate bookstores when there used to be so many. They were in every mall, and several other places across this great nation. Now, they're like water sources in a literary oasis...few and far between.

There was something different back then, too.

I did not personally know anyone who had written a book in those stores. Times have changed.

Like any author, you dream of one day entering a bookstore, either a local or national chain--it makes no difference--and going to a specific section of the store and causally spotting a book with your name on it. I've thought about it. It's still a dream/goal. And if I work hard and keep going, it can happen for me.

Just like it's happened for my friend, Dave.

It's normal for me to enter a book store and see Dave's books, as well as other authors I know. I thought they might have more of his titles...he's a machine when it comes to output. And, I still need to read those titles, not only for support, but because he's a fantastic writer.

Yes, it's fun to go into a bookstore. Now, I have another reason to enjoy the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment