Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Yes, You've Seen The Movie, But Have You tried The Kevin Bacon Burger At Mack's...?


 It was my brother who educated us, since we haven't been eating out as of late. It took him passing through town and he happened to pick Mack's Drive Inn to get lunch, the one restaurant that served the Kevin Bacon Burger. He told us of his experience, so I decided I had to experience it myself.

And I did.

There are a limited number of places to eat in our little town. My brother was traveling north and he asked for suggestions on where they could eat as the drove by. We recommended a few. We did not recommend where they eventually stopped--not because we don't like their food, but more due to time. They said they wanted to eat quickly and Mack's Drive Inn is great, but not as quick as others--good food is worth the wait.

I asked about their meal. He said the burger was great. Last weekend my wife and I decided to give it a try. It was good, not too heavy, great balance. And I didn't feel like I needed to take a nap right after eating.

They wrote "Kevin" on the container...nothing more was needed, really. It told those who prepared our meals and those who ate those meals everything important for us to know.

News hit earlier this month that Kevin Bacon, the actual actor/singer/dancer/non-burger will be returning to Utah to attend the prom at the high school where Footloose was filmed. I hope all involved will have a wonderful time honoring the film that made, among others, Lehi Roller Mills famous.

If you're traveling north to Idaho, or west to Idaho, or east to Utah or south to Utah, stop by Mack's Drive Inn on Tremonton's historic Main Street and order yourself a Kevin Bacon Burger. But you'd better hurry...

Don't know how long it's going to be around.

No comments:

Post a Comment