Saturday, March 16, 2024

There's A New Store In Town...Well, Not My Town


I have not always been a fan of Legos. That doesn't mean I ever disliked them, there was time when I had no opinion on them, mostly because we didn't have them. Being born in the mid-1960s I knew of Legos. They were around, but they were nothing like the toy behemoth they are today.

Back then, you got different colored plastic bricks...

And that was all.

Oh, there'd a tire here and there, but it was truly a toy of imagination. It still is, I suppose, but in a different way. You imagine all the things you could buy if you didn't buy Legos. They're pricy now. I'm not downplaying their value. A thing is worth what someone will pay for it, and many will pay much for them. The sets now are so elaborate and creative. What I like most is they remind me of other things...of movies, of cars, of stories, of just about anything.

One regret I have about my time living in Denmark is I did not visit Legoland when I was there. I believe, back in the mid-1980s, it was the world's only Legoland. Even though it wasn't what Legolands are today, it still would have been fun to go.

Now, a Lego store has opened up in my old stomping grounds. I got to visit yesterday and check it out. It wasn't large--I thought it might be bigger--but it had many kits and projects, enough Lego building to last a long time, that is, if you have the cash.

I asked my son if he wished the store had been around when we lived there. He said it would not have made a big difference--most of the Lego kits he has to order online. He did say it would have been cool to maybe get a job there. I agree...that would be a fun job for someone who loves Lego.

Yes, there's a new store in town, just not our town. Just as well...we'd probably spend to much time (and other things...) there, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment