Thursday, March 28, 2024

Happy World Theatre Day...To All Who Celebrate


 It's World Theatre Day and my social media feeds are full of friends posting memories, many of which I was a part.

Wonderful memories.

On a whim I took my then five-year old son to an audition for "Scrooge" at the no longer in existence Rodgers Memorial Theater. It was fall, 2000. From 2000 to 2019 my son--and then my daughter-- and I did many shows together, and I did a few by myself. I've been blessed to work with talent upon talent, so many incredible people, so many incredible shows.

These pictures (and thousands more...) can be found on Ronald Russell's Flickr page where he was the designated photographer for both theaters for years. You can access his Flickr page by clicking: HERE. Ron is yet another amazing person I met because of the shows. That's the thing...it's not just fellow performers you meet and get to know. 

These pictures are from shows more than ten years old. I picked them because they were fun, but then again, almost all the shows were fun. I knew I was never going to be a leading man...character roles were always my lot, and I accepted it gladly. I remember getting parts and not understand how I--with no real theatrical background--could be cast in show after show aside remarkable individuals. 

 The last show I did was Peter Pan in Ogden. That was 2019, then covid hit and the world changed. Not being on stage was so painful for those involved in the shows. You, as an audience member, may have missed the theatre, but I guarantee you, those in front of and behind the stage missed it more.

It's been five years since I stepped foot on stage, five years since I've seen a show in a theater. If I never do another show, my life's been forever changed by the experience.

Wonderful, wonderful memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment