Sunday, March 17, 2024

Give Thanks...For A/C


 It's coming, the warmer weather. I couldn't stop it even if I tried. Most worship warmer weather and welcome it with open sleeveless arms. Me?

It's complicated.

In many ways I love a good spring or summer day. I really enjoyed summer as a child, growing up on the side of a mountain with an amusement park only a few miles away wearing only shorts, a t-shirt, and shoes. I had amazing friends, amazing parents and siblings, and a wonderful childhood.

Then, you grow up.

Growing up means summer is just another season in which a person works--some don't, but I don't have one of those jobs. Growing up means having to wear enough clothing to be socially acceptable--some don't, but I'm one to obey local decently laws. I still have amazing friends, my parents have passed, but am having a wonderful adult-time.

However, there are things brought on by spring and enhanced by summer, namely allergies, bugs, and weeds. Three's always good with the bad and the older I get, the less I appreciate allergies, bugs, and/or weeds.

Turning on the A/C on my car is one of the first signs of spring. I'll use the A/C sparingly now, then as time goes on, it'll be on more and more until the hot months when it's pretty much a given. I'm thankful to live in a place where we have four defined seasons, where we live in a time when A/C is something to which we have access. I'm also thankful that with each passing day, we're closer to the time when the temperatures will drop and bugs and weeds disappear. It's only a matter of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment