Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Sometimes I Miss Working In An Office...Then I Get Over It


 Yup. It's true. I was reminded of some good times when I returned to an office setting yesterday. In an area (not accessible to the public...), I spotted what you see in the photo. Yes, it's a...

Easter Mummy.

Stuff like that is great. When you work in an office, unless it's for a special company or organization, creativity is many times lacking. You go in, you do your work, you go home...ABC, 123. I know some offices are run that way and I know many in charge who want their offices to be run that way. 

Still, there are exceptions.

The key is the cubicle. It's a blank canvas. When I worked in cubicles, I wasn't one of the "extreme" decorators. I'd classy it up a bit--especially at Halloween, but in the end, it would all come down and be replaced by either other stuff, or nothing.

I walked into the office yesterday, saw the Easter Mummy, had a laugh, and snapped a picture. As decorations go, it's top shelf. I wonder if anyone in the office is offended? Do they like it and wish there was more...or gone altogether?

When all things are said and done, I'm glad I'm no longer required to go to the office everyday. I prefer my room at home where I can decorate it any way I want. For Halloween, I pull out my Ghost Beanie Baby, I set up Gobbles, the Turkey for Thanksgiving, and our Beanie Baby Santa Clause for Christmas. Actually, Christmas warrants a little more decorating and I'm happy to oblige. 

Yes, it's fun to return, every once in a while, but I get over it fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment