Wednesday, March 6, 2024

I Mean, How Dim Am I...? Don't Answer That


 Maybe it was because we had been shopping most of the morning and I was tired. Maybe it was because we hadn't had our Costco pizza slice (the ABSOLUTE best meal value, by the way...), or maybe it's because I was dim. Whatever the reason, I looked at something while taking a break on one of Costco's comfy chairs.

Look at the above picture. What do you see?

I see a backyard gym that will hopefully provide hours and hours of enjoyment and will act as a deterrent to screen time. I see the price, a dollar under $1200. I see a huge assembly headache. I see lots and lots of creative options for the youngsters. 

But I saw something else...

I saw a potential dangerous situation, and I thought..."How could they build something so dangerous?"

If you notice, as I did, there's a tic-tac-toe game on the second floor of the amazing structure. I looked at that and thought how dangerous it is to have kids hanging on the outside of the second story playing tic-tac-toe. It took me a minute to realize there's two sides to the game. Yes, if kids could only access the game from the outside, it's dangerous and irresponsible. But, if they play from inside--totally fine.

Funny how you think you understand life, and then you realize, not always.

It's a good lesson, but it looking at an expensive children's toy, or when thinking about things that really matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment