Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Yes...We're Growing


 For fun I did a little research on my home state and the city where we currently live. Several months ago I came across a stat that surprised me. The year we moved to the little town, the population grew 10%. That's impressive. And in the year since, that growth rate has not stopped.

Ten percent.

There's a website that, if you're a numbers person (and I'm not, really...), you'll love. It's WorldPopulationReview.com. I searched for Utah stats and the site directed me to Utah's statistics. You can check it out by clicking: HERE.

Lots and lots of things you wanted to know--and perhaps didn't want to know--about the Beehive State. Here's some interesting stats about the state in general:

  • Utah has the youngest population in the entire United States, as well as one of the highest birth rates.
  • Utah's population is considered the healthiest in the entire country.
  • The state also has the highest literacy rate, the highest number of high school graduates and the highest number of college graduates.
  • The mountains near Salt Lake City see an average of 500 inches of snowfall annually.
  • Gosiute, Paiute, Shoshone, and Ute Indians originally inhabited what is now the state of Utah. In fact, the name was derived from the Ute Indians.
  • Salt Lake City has the second highest number of plastic surgeons per capita than any other city in the US.
  • A higher number of Utahns are married than in any other state. In addition, the median age of marriage is lower than the nationwide average.

I knew we had a young population and I knew we married in greater numbers than other states. It's interesting to learn about where you live.

I know I can move to another part of the country and get paid more for doing the same job. Still, I do love it here. And by the looks of things, so do many others...

Especially, in our little town.

No comments:

Post a Comment