Sunday, March 31, 2024

Give Thanks...Singing On Easter


 This morning I stood before a few hundred neighbors and family of neighbors and directed the music at church.

We sang hymns suitable for Easter.

Love those songs.

I also love scrolling my social media feeds on holidays, Easter, being no different. So many expressing their feelings for the day and what it means to them. 

This morning, in addition to the regular hymns, our congregational choir sang a difficult song and they did great. When I first heard the song, I wasn't quite sure if your little group could tackle it, but they sang wonderfully. I should not have doubted.

The meeting's final hymn, He Is Risen, is a favorite. It's a celebration, an anthem of faith, and I added my voice to others to proclaim to the world...He is risen. I'm thankful for those songs, thankful we can sing them, thankful for the day, and the reason behind it.

We sing every Sunday. They're all special, but sometimes, some days are just a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment