Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Actor(s) Needed...Glad To See People Back Out There

A Friend of mine is putting on a show.

And he needs one, maybe two actors to round out the cast.

Since 2000 I have been involved in numerous community theater productions, and a couple of shows where I actually got paid. I've met some amazing people and had some amazing times with those people. Over the past couple of years, I scaled back, averaging a show a year and sometimes not even that.

Last year, basically torpedoed any chance to perform--not just for me, but for anyone.

But my friend is taking a chance and putting on a show. It's not a show in a traditional way--it's a script reading. The show will be performed Friday, 2/19/21 with a read-through via Zoom on the Tuesday before. I was asked by the producer/director that they need one more actor--maybe two--to complete the cast. If you are in the area (the show is in Layton, Utah...) and you're interested, contact me and we'll see if we can make this happen.

I'm glad people are taking chances again. From what I understand, there will be social distancing measures in place at the show to protect all involved. It's a chance to perform. I know some theaters in our local area have returned to the stage. Since I haven't attended any, I don't know what measures they've put in place. Hopefully, they've done all they can do to make sure the show is safe.

As things come back, slowly, more and more people will be taking chances, putting themselves out there. I hope this little show is just another way of making that happen. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment