Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Yeah...I'm One Of Them


 It's been a most unusual year.

I don't know anyone who's life has not been affected by covid, some more than others. I've admitted before that for our family, sure we've had issues, but we've come through this mostly unscathed (knocking on wood...). One of the adjustments for me is sports.

Or, the lack thereof.

For the first time since my mission in the mid-1980s, I did not watch one NFL game, play-off game, or the big daddy, last Sunday's Super Bowl. I've been wanting to spend less time watching games for years, and it seemed like a good place to start. Maybe it's because most of my college football favorite team's games were canceled in 2020 that turned me off to football. Maybe it was something else.

It's weird giving something up.

For the most part, it wasn't a big deal. I've sort of lost interest in many of the teams...not knowing a lot of the good players nowadays. Still, I would have liked to seen Zach Moss, and many of my Utah Ute alumni play in the pros. And I would have been able to see numerous alums play--Utah put so many players in NFL. Good news is that if the Utes continue to excel at the college level, there'll be more to watch later.

Now that the season's over, I don't know if I'm going to watch any pro games next year. I might...we'll see. So, I didn't watch the Super Bowl...apparently, I wasn't the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment