Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Performing...In The Time Of Covid


 I've blogged about an event that happened last week. I blogged about the experience before it happened to recruit participants, I blogged about the show itself to see if anyone wanted to come and see it, and I blogged about shopping for, finding, then wearing a plastic face shield that we used while performing. I also used one of my pictures from the evening as that day's Pic Of The Day.

Needless to say, I've milked the event.

Sometimes I need to do that when coming up with things about which to blog.

Still, doing a show, albeit one that consisted of one rehearsal, one run-through before the performance, and the performance itself, is an adventure. It's always a challenge...there's always a rush. And, because of the times in which we live, any performance, any chance to be on the stage is not just an everyday ordinary thing. It's special.

The show went great. I missed a line, but my fellow actors were pros and covered for me. We even had some audience members in attendance. Anytime there's more people watching than are on stage is a good thing. After the bows and applause, Bryce, the organizer said he had fun and he would not be opposed to trying something like what we just did again in the future. And if that ever happens we all wanted to be a part of it.

With my daughter being so busy with her own things and us moving away from the theaters where I usually performed, and covid shutting down everything, I've sort of figured my performing days were in the past, at least, the way I used to do shows. That may still be the case, but on a crisp winter Friday evening in a basement black box theater in Layton Utah, I was able to help out and have a good time.

Performing in the time of covid--kind of like it's always been....

With a few changes, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment