Thursday, February 18, 2021

Doing A Thing..."$100,000 For A Wife" Live Radio Show

 

Tomorrow night, a group of performers will come together in a space--socially distanced, of course--and create a bit of art.

I'm so glad it's happening.

I'm so glad to be a part of it.

My friend Bryce asked me to help out--it's always an honor to be considered for such a project. I get to play three characters. I'm used to playing several characters in a production--never thought twice about it. This time, however, since this is a "radio show" format, we'll all be reading the script and the entire story will be delivered audibly, sound effects and voices. This time, I've got to be completely different people using only my voice.

It's a challenge.

We had a rehearsal earlier this week. I wasn't sure which voice I would apply to each character, but when the time came, I went for it. For me, it worked and those will be the ones I use tomorrow night.

If you'd like more information about this, click: HERE for the show's Facebook page. This is a free event. The space is not huge, but if you'd like to come and see several people return to the stage to create an artistic experience, drop by. It's in the On Pitch Performing Arts (OPPA) Theatre in Layton.

This is a good thing, in my opinion. Humans have a need to create and they'll do it no matter what stands in their way. This is a short fun little play. The people involved want to have a good time and if you'd like to join us, we'll see you there tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment