Friday, January 19, 2024

Didn't Think This Had Anything To Do With The Super Bowl...


 When I first saw the baked good, I had no idea what was going on, and in a sane world...

I shouldn't have to even ask.

You see, in the arena of professional football, there should be no talk of girlfriends.

Now, this is only my opinion, for what it's worth. I'm sure many would disagree that side stories about football player's more famous girlfriends shouldn't be a focus of the game. But, and I think I'm on solid ground here, more football purists are kind of tired of the sideshow.

For the past couple of years, I stopped watching NFL games. That was when we had cable and I could watch other sporting events, but with now limited choices, I found myself watching the NFL games that were broadcast on local TV.

I missed the game.

I watched a lot of college football before we cut cable. I love college football, but the pros...well, they're not called professional for nothing. They're so good. I used to take all that athleticism and talent for granted. I'm watching men do things on that field that seldom happens in the college game.

I've put up with the famous girlfriend thing, mostly because that particular team hasn't been aired that many times, at least, not so many that I'm sick of them. Also, it's now the playoffs and there's a good chance the reigning champions may not be playing after this weekend.

Then, the football star/girlfriend soap opera would be over...

Until next year, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment