Saturday, January 13, 2024

When Someone Gets Busted On Social Media...Delicious!


 Several months ago I frequented the Facebook Classifieds often. I can't remember what we were looking for...maybe for yard sales in the area or something related to the wedding.  I'm not sure. But, no matter what I begin searching for, I always end up looking up classic VWs that I can neither afford (the good ones...) or repair. (the crap ones...). Still, it's fun to look at what's out there.

I'm more of a casual shopper. There are very few things we've actually bought from Facebook Classifieds. I know some people can made some good money, or at least, get rid of stuff other people may use and enjoy using the classified. And with every opportunity for others to better their lives, there're opportunities for some to rip off the rest of us. Today, I saw a scammer get busted.

And it was great.

I subscribe to several of the local small-town classified Facebook groups. They're great at finding things we need without having to travel to the "big city." One popped up today, the listing looked innocent enough...a sectional couch. They listed the dimensions, the conditions in the house from which it came, and of course, the price.

Whenever I see something for sale that we might even remotely be interested in, I check the comments. The comments will tell me if the item is gone because if ten people comment, "Is it still available?" or "I've DM'd you," it means the item's popular. This one, comment, however...

Was classic.

Apparently, someone saw the same couch for sale on Craigslist in Cleveland, Ohio.

The person posted the photo of the Craigslist listing and asked if it was the same couch. It was obvious the photos showed the same item. How the person found that Craigslist couch, I have no idea.

I know there's a lot of scams out there...it was fun to see one get busted.

No comments:

Post a Comment