Tuesday, January 2, 2024

This Season's Bowl Season...Missed Almost All Of Them


 This year's college bowl season--from what I understand--was less than stellar. At least, that's what I've heard. You see, I didn't get to see hardly any of it. That's what happens when you cut cable. You find out what what you don't get to watch only after the cut's been made.

I've blogged about this several times. We made the decision a few months ago. For me, the biggest adjustment has been sports. I knew I'd be missing many games and programs, but I figured watching less sports is probably a good thing, and it has been. I've been able to do more productive things, like start another writing project.

There were some bowl games I just assumed would be on broadcast television. For example, the college football playoff games. There's no way they'd put them only on cable.

Boy, was I wrong.

And to put salt in the wound, the two games played last night were great...once again, from what others who watched the game have said. I did keep track of the scores as they progressed. Each game came down to the last minute, a mistake from either team could doom them. And since I didn't watch the games, there may have been mistakes on each side or both. All I know is they sounded like good games to watch.

Unlike the Utah/Northwestern bowl game...

Let's not focus on that disaster.

Now that arguably two of the best bowl games of the season have ended, we're all in for a treat. The two best teams have proven their metal and will face off next week. And guess what?

It's on cable.

I won't be watching.

Maybe I'll start another project ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment