Wednesday, January 3, 2024

New Years Resolutions--Yes, Or No...?

I stole the meme from somewhere to send to my friend, another volley in our continual meme war. It's a good one. Funny, yet it brings up a topic some find serious, some don't think about at all.

New Years resolutions.

Yea, Or Nea.

I'd like to think I'm in the Yea camp. It's good to set goals and make decisions to improve your life. It's good to be progressing. Successful people set goals for themselves and they usually achieving them.

On the other hand, yes, it's good to set goals, but it can be bad if you beat yourself up for not reaching them. It's funny...as soon as the awful fragrance ads disappear from TV the moment the holidays end, in roll the gym and diet ads. They're almost as bad (I don't think anything's as bad as the fragrance ads, though...). The gyms and diet programs are hoping to capitalize on those of us who are deciding to improve ourselves.

I know I should do it, and I sort of do. I sort of make goals that I want to accomplish in the next year. I resolve to do better. I don't go to the extremes as some, and therefore, my results don't go to the extremes, either.

Yes, or no...?

It's a good question.

No comments:

Post a Comment