Friday, December 15, 2023

The Ghosts Of Christmas X Present...


 I mean, at least try a little bit.

I post a picture on X (formally Twitter...) every day. I've explained in the past that when you post a daily picture, most of them are less than optimum. In short, they're not much to look at. A picture of a meal I had, of a bug, of something around the house that I figure will have to do because it's getting late and I never stepped foot outside to get a decent picture--most of the time that's what I come up with.

Every once in a while, however, I hit one out of the park. Either a glorious sunrise or brilliant sunset are usually my "go-to" shots. Over the years, I've taken some pictures I'd love to have hanging in my house.

The picture these three commented on was not one of them.

It wasn't my worst posted picture, but it certainly doesn't warrant such praise (if you want to know which picture and you're on X click: HERE to see it...). This, and the fact that the responses almost word-for-word in their glowing comments tells me something.

 BOTS!!

For the past couple of months, it seems almost all my X interaction is with these bots. They'll like my posts, comment on them, even repost them. Recently, a few have followed me. All the X accounts were created either in November or December 2023. 

Normally, if I ever post a screen shot of accounts on social media, I fuzz out the names so the reader won't know who these people are, but I'm not going to do that this time, because I'm pretty sure those people don't exist. And if they do...

They really ought to try harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment