Saturday, December 2, 2023

I Have An Idea--How About A Puzzle Room...?


 Like most families, we have some holiday traditions. Some are more defined, and honestly, actually followed than others. One tradition we like to do is puzzles. We try and put together a couple between Thanksgiving and New Years. So far, we've put together one.

An Elf puzzle. 

As puzzles go, I like this one. It's got enough contrast, but some difficult blue and green and white areas. Good puzzles should put up a challenge. I didn't work on this one...I don't think I put in one piece. It was done by the boys, my wife, daughter, and son-in-law. On a good day with all of us involved, we can hammer out a 1k piece puzzle in a couple of days. This one took a over a week, mostly because we did not work on it every day. 

Another obstacle--we used the kitchen table. It works great when we put together a puzzle quickly. If it takes longer...well, then things interfere with the puzzle assembly activity. 

Our youngest finished the puzzle yesterday. As I cleaned it up in anticipation for a family gathering this morning, I joked we need a puzzle-putting-together room in our house. Wouldn't that be fantastic? An entire room dedicated to puzzles. I can almost see it. A table at the proper height allowing the family to sit (or stand...) comfortably with proper lighting to it won't hurt your eyes. Maybe a large TV with sports or Hallmark movies playing (or both...) and a fridge stocked with goodies. Yes, it could be glorious to behold, our little puzzle room.

Do we need a puzzle room? Of course not. Would we like a puzzle room? I'd like to give it a try. After all, a family that puzzles together, stays together. 

Look it up--it's science.

No comments:

Post a Comment