Thursday, April 6, 2023

I Guess They're Shutting Down The Fun...


 We moved to a small rural community six months into the covid dilemma. One of the first unofficial things we needed to do was find the best pizza place. 

And we did.

Not only did Pizza Plus have excellent food and (at the time...) reasonable prices, it looked like the local hang out, except because of covid, no one was hanging out. They had several video games--dated--but at least they were there. They had a couple of pool tables and an air hockey table...

But no people.

It was depressing, then again, depressing places were all over the place back then.

We've returned to Pizza Plus several times over the past months and years. I can count on one hand the times I've seen anyone actually taking advantage of the gaming entertainment inside, and when I did, they were playing pool.

Last month I went inside and saw "Out-Of-Order" signs on every game, every pool table/air hockey table, every claw game, even the change machine was "out-of-order." I asked the kid who processed my debit card why the change. He said the new owners had made an executive decision. They were shutting down the fun, at least the fun that once was.

It made me sad. I never got to see the place in its heyday. I can imagine if I had grown up in the town, me and my friends would have frequented the joint, enjoyed the pizza and camaraderie, and had good times. Who knows, maybe I would have asked out the cute girl after having a few caffeinated drinks. No, I missed the glory days of the ol' hangout. I'll bet it was great.

Everyone seems to be scrambling in the days of covid and post-covid. I hope the change works out of the Pizza Place. We'll most likely not enjoy the changes...we always get take out, but I wish them luck, even without all the "fun."

No comments:

Post a Comment