Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Time To Use The Stand-Up Desk More...


 A year or so before work sent me home (before everyone was sent home to work...), my employer got me a standing desk. I had tweaked my back and standing helped me to recover. I lifted and lowered the desk every time I worked...I tried standing at least a couple of hours each shift.

Then, I began to work from home.

And I stopped lifting and lowering the desk.

Such is life.

I don't know why I stopped. Maybe my back got better. Maybe I was able to be more mobile at home...I'm not sure, but I just didn't need to use the standing desk. That is, until today. Today I thought I need to get back on my feet, so I gave it a try for a few hours.

It's funny. When I think about being more mobile, or less sedentary, I have these grand plans. I used to walk around the neighborhood several times a week. This spring, the weather's put a damper on those plans. I thought about getting a little under-the-desk stair stepper or a little under-the-desk stationary bike. I keep thinking if I were active while taking calls and pushing digital papers, I'm sure it would be helpful for me in many ways.

In a few weeks, I'll need to don a nice suit and walk my daughter down the aisle. I'd like to fit into that suit...

Of course, I could just cut back on all the ice cream ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment