Tuesday, April 4, 2023

People...TAKE DOWN Your Signs!


 It was wishful thinking, really. I should have known it's not yet Yard Sale Season, especially since we're getting major winter storms blow through the valley. Still, I thought I'd drive by the Yard Sale Sign monument in town to see if anyone was brave enough to try and unload their unwantables.

I pulled up to the power box, located in the northern section of the Kent's Grocery Store/Zions Bank parking lot. The locals (us included...) know that power box is where people put up signs letting the world know where, and hopefully when, the yard sales are taking place. It's our "public square."

The weathered sign should have told me the sign had been there a while.

Nope...I decided to take a chance and see if the indoor yard sale was on. I drove the five or so miles to the address and there was no indoor yard sale or outdoor yard sale or no sale of any kind. The drive wasn't a total loss, however...

On my way, I passed a building, an old house long forgotten by time. I thought it might make a good picture so when the yard sale was a bust, I turned around and stopped by the house. It's a little hard to see, but the front room and porch are filled with wood. The former home is now just a place to store lumber. I took a few shots and I'd like to take more another time. I must say, the gray sky matched the desolate scene wonderfully.

People...take down your yard sale signs when the sale is over! Then again, if they had, I'd have missed out on a great photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment