Thursday, December 8, 2016

Baby, It's Cold Inside...


I need to say from the beginning that I am in no way complaining.

I'm really not.

Even though it might come across that I am.

In May of this year I moved into a new building at work. It's an older building. When I first arrived I had the chance to sit next to some southern-facing windows, but it got too warm. The aging windows let in too much heat. I should have known that when windows let in heat in the summer, they'll let in cold in the winter.

Most of us--at least the co-workers around me--have adapted. I have a fleece jacket that I leave at work and it's been keeping me warm the past couple of weeks. But, we're experiencing a cold snap here so for the past couple of days I've been wearing a scarf as well. It's helped. Not every space at work is as cold as my little cubicle. For some reason, I sit in a spot that's a few degrees lower than other places. And thanks to a Christmas gift from last year, I have oodles of instant hot chocolate mix which helps, too.


Remember, I'm not complaining.

It's really not a big deal. Some buildings just have temperature issues. Ours is one of them. And with the extra layers, I'm very comfortable. The reason I'm not complaining is because all I have to do is check the outside temperature, and realize that I could very easily have a job where I would be required to work outside. If I was born a century earlier, I would most likely be working outside during the winter.

The great thing about where I live is that by the time you get really sick of the cold in the winter (or the heat in the summer...), it starts to change. I'll be fine for the next couple of months. My wardrobe, as it is, works with my jacket/scarf combo, and in a few months, I can ditch the layers because it'll be time to break out the cooling fan.

Like I said, I'm not complaining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment