Friday, December 9, 2016

What Can Gorilla Tape (And I...) Do?


"I need to find some Gorilla Tape," my wife told me as we did a little Christmas shopping this morning.

"We've got to find something to fix the bin in the fridge."

"My fixing didn't fix it?" I asked.

"Nope."

What do you do when something in the refrigerator you purchased thirteen years ago (that was probably made fourteen years ago) breaks? Remarkably, there's actually few options. We can try and find a replacement bin, either new or used. That would be the easiest thing to do. We tried and came up with bupkis. We could buy a whole new fridge. That would be the most expensive thing to do. We could go on without replacing the bin. That would be the laziest thing to do.

Or we could try (again...) to repair the damaged piece of plastic. That would be the toughest thing to do. We're going to try again. Our latest weapon in the war against aging appliances? Gorilla Tape. We've never used the stuff before and I really don't know if it will prove successful. I don't know what it can do.

We're going to find out, one way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment