Monday, December 12, 2016

Chillin' At Chilis...


Life is full of traditions. All holidays are basically just officially recognized traditions. We follow traditions in our everyday lives as well. For those of us involved in shows at the Centerpoint Legacy Theatre, a tradition for cast and crew is to go to a local eatery after a show, usually on the weekends. Such was the case last Friday.


There are several places to eat near the theatre, but we usually end up at either Chili's or Iggy's (a local sports bar/restaurant. Both have spaces large enough for a part of twenty or more. Sure, we could go to Arbys and fill the place, but it seems after a night of performing and putting on a show, we'd rather go someplace with a somewhat expanded menu. Of course, we'd save money if we went to Arbys, but that doesn't seem to be what's most important to us after a show.


Which is a little silly, because, to me at least, hanging out with the cast and crew without the pressure of a show is the main reason for going. I usually don't order much due to my spartan (i.e. cheap...) ways. I'll see if my wife wants me to get anything for a late-night snack and if she does, I'll usually order that.


Some go more frequently--those kids who have a lot more free time and disposable income. Others never go at all. I took out my phone and snapped a few photos of those who came last Friday. And, as usual, I left early. I do enjoy hanging out with everyone and when the last curtain falls, I miss the times, not just on the stage, but at a restaurant table also.


Where are we going after the show next Friday? I don't know, but there's a good chance, it will be somewhere close.

No comments:

Post a Comment