Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Sparking In The Dark...


A new tradition was born at our latest show. Before places were called several of the cast (and sometimes crew...) would gather in a darkened corner of the theater. Each of us would be given a Wintergreen, or Wint-O-Green Life Saver® and then told a list of specific instructions.

We were told to gather around in a circle to reduce the amount of light, and with an open mouth begin chomping down on the Life Saver and if you're lucky, you'll see sparks.

I know "sparking" meant something else long ago. It was fun to ask people go join us to go sparking. I tried to get sparks on video, but it didn't work. However, almost every time we did it, I saw several sparks from fellow cast members. No one knew, but after the first time I didn't chomp with everyone else. I just watched and enjoyed my Life Saver after the sparking session ended. It kind of hurt my teeth. But, truth be told, mine were usually the oldest set of teeth in the group.

Tonight we closed the show. I don't know if I'll be involved in any sparking events any time soon, but even if I don't, I'll look back on the last couple of week and smile. We had a lot of fun. So, here's a video of my attempt to capture the sparks. It's what we did the last couple of weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment